Tech Tip: Lucidchart – A Great Collaborative Tool For Mapping Ideas

lucidchartLucidchart is now available for Emmanuel College faculty and  students. Lucidchart is an online diagramming tool that allows  individuals or groups to
brainstorm ideas, organize thoughts, and  collaborate in real time. It helps students collect, analyze and  communicate their ideas. The web-based interface is quite intuitive,  lending itself well for both you and your students to create flow  charts, mind maps, and other types of diagramming, such as Venn diagrams. You can publish your diagrams to a website or download them as an image or PDF (and easily post to your course in ECLearn).

Watch a short video of the possibilities of Lucidchart (fans of the Beatles will especially enjoy it!)

Classroom Applications

• Class example: During a lecture in an American Government class, work through the three branches of government through diagramming.
  • Assignment examples:
    • Do you assign your students to collaboratively complete projects?  Have them include their brainstorming and organization of ideas as a  Lucidchart diagram (it could also include visual representations).
    • As part of a reading assignment, ask your students to graphically  show their understanding of the relationships of the characters/subjects/topics.
  • Graphic Syllabi: Several Emmanuel College faculty have used  Lucidchart to create a graphic syllabus. Read more about how one faculty  member developed a graphic syllabus in this Faculty Spotlight.

Interested in learning more about incorporating Lucidchart in your classroom? Contact ATIG for a consultation.

— Sara

This entry was posted in Tech Tips and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Tech Tip: Lucidchart – A Great Collaborative Tool For Mapping Ideas

1. cashnetusa
    I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post
    was great. I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

2. Spot on with this write-up, I seriously believe that this site
    needs far more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more,
    thanks for the advice!

3. Riley says:

I get pleasure from, lead to I found exactly what
    I was taking a look for. You’ve ended my 4 day long hunt!
    God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

4. Chapter 2: Flower Arranging Must Haves (from Floral
    Foam to Vases, every part you will need to get started).