EC Learn Tip: Enhancing Student Collaboration With Groups

clipart_of_15085_sm_2In EC Learn you have the ability to create User Groups for assignments. This allows for group members to submit a single assignment together and for all members to receive the same grade (a feature you can turn off if you want). Setting up a graded discussion as a group assignment creates separate threads for each group. This makes the discussions easier to navigate and grade for you, and students often find participating in the discussions easier because they have fewer posts to read.

In addition, Groups make collaboration on projects much easier. Each group has a private workspace similar to a course site – it includes Files, Discussions, Collaborations, Conferences, even Pages where students can create a wiki. Only you and the students assigned to a group can view the workspace. Using these workspaces allows for collaboration on assignments even when students are off campus. Conferences can be used to have online group meetings, Collaborations allows for simultaneous editing of documents, and Pages can be used for task sign-up and managing the group work.

There is no limit to how many sets of groups you can create in a course. This allows you to simultaneously have discussion groups, project groups, sets of lab partners! If you are interested in creating User Groups for your courses, check out the Canvas Guides. They have instructions on how to view existing groups, create a set of groups, and how to allow self-sign-up for a group.

— Emily

This entry was posted in EC Learn, Teaching Tips and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to EC Learn Tip: Enhancing Student Collaboration With Groups

1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts about Discussion Group.
    Regards

2. You’re so awesome! I don’t believe I’ve truly read
    through anything like this before. So nice to find another person with original
    thoughts on this subject matter. Really.. thank you for starting
    this up. This site is one thing that is required on the
    internet, someone with a bit of originality!

3. Hi there! This iss kind of offf topic but I need some help from an established blog.
    Is it very har to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I cann figure things out pretty quick.

I’m thinking about setting upp my own but I’m not sure where too begin. Do you
    have any points or suggestions? Thanks

4. Hello i am kavin, its myy first time to commenting anyplace, whsn i
    read this arfticle i thought i could alsoo create commkent ddue to this brilliant post.

5. Heya i’m for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly useful & it helped me out much.
    I hope too present something again and help others like you aided me.

6. With havin so much cntent and articles do you ever run into any issues of plagorism or
    copyright violation? My blog has a lot of exclusive content I’ve either created myself oor otsourced but it seems a lot of itt is poppping it up all over the web without my
    authorization. Do you knmow any solutions to help prevent
    content from being ripped off? I’d truly appreciate it.

7. whoah this weblog is excellent i like studying your articles.
    Keep up the great work! You understand, many individuals are looking around for this info, you could aid them
    greatly.

8. Very shortly this website will be famous amid all blogging users, due to it’s pleasant articles

9. This is the perfect blog for anyone who hopes
    to understand this topic. You know a whole lot its almost
    hard to argue with you (not that I actually will need to…HaHa).
    You definitely put a fresh spin on a subject which has been discussed for
    ages. Wonderful stuff, just great!

10. imgur says:

If you have an excellent server support plan, it will let you send a support ticket instantaneously and get fast response.
    They offer so many extras that make starting up a new website
    so simple that even a complete novice could get a website up and running.

The laws have been changing and many portals that
    offer services are finding it harder and harder to get their word out
    there.

11. Hello to every one, it’s truly a good for me to pay a quik visit this
    website, it consists of useful Information.

12. Wow! Good article.
    I will support you:)

13. Flashlight Shadowhawk X800 is a slender black flashlight with a powerful beam.
    It is constantly named the utmost impossible flashlight on the sector, and is mentioned with optimistic reason. This is a incredibly durable
    and strong, still as well amazingly uncomplicated. Sections ‘Shadowhawk X800’
    popularity derives in opposition to the real truth that the lamp emits Seven hundred lumens.
    If oneself are not familiar with clearance, you should be confident that this is a
    Really, Pretty shiny gentle. Mild All-natural bad flashlight lower local community
    Even though as opposed with the impressive, unwavering beam Shadowhawk X800 flashlight shine!
    Order curious? Read upon toward identify out how the torch X800 Shadowhawk and how the different characteristics that yourself
    can retain the services of. Lantern Shadowhawk X800 is classified as a program war, nevertheless it can be used in just
    alternate contexts. utilised, as nicely as in the armed forces, for example, it
    is Shadowhawk X800 flashlight employed via firefighters and legislation enforcement
    agencies. It can too be employed by anyone who needs a
    effective flashlight, and it is specifically instructive for tenting and hunting trips.

The gentle beam can be utilized to scare off attackers mechanically
    mild up a dim space (if yourself are a firefighter,
    searching underneath the rubble or precisely an everyday
    unique inside the coloration rooting inside of the dark fits and candles!).

Within just addition in direction of its well known as a strong and vibrant beam, which has Shadowhawk X800 Flashlight a lot of other characteristics.
    They involve telescopic awareness, and five substitute modes for a beam of:
    large, medium, low, SOS and Strobe. The most important lamp system is moreover
    made so that it can be applied for self-defense, if vital.

14. 97Hildred says:

I must say you have high quality content here.
    Your blog should go viral. You need initial boost only.
    How to get it? Search for: Etorofer’s strategies