Make self-reflection a part of your end-of-semester process and become inspired to seek out new pedagogical approaches and encouraged to try something new.
Before we get too far removed from the spring semester, take time to reflect by considering these questions:
- What part of your courses seemed most effective for your students?
- Were your students productively engaged?
- What have you learned about your students and their learning styles?
- What have you learned about yourself and your teaching style?
- What did students find confusing?
As you consider these questions (and others), how will you make use of the information? Revise your syllabus, add a new learning activity, or add an innovative teaching strategy? As you reflect, take stock in what has been and use those insights to plan for a better course(s) in the future.
Summer Faculty Development Opportunities:
- NERCOMP: Are you aware that you receive discount rates at all NERCOMP sponsored events? NERCOMP, the NorthEast Regional Computing Program, offers many development opportunities for faculty, staff, and administrators on information technology in education, including libraries, academic research and administration. Check out Faculty development opportunities through NERCOMP.
- ATIG will continue to offer both online and face-to-face workshops throughout the summer. Check out the ATIG Calendar.
- And as always, you can contact ATIG for a personal consultation.