Teaching Tips: ECLearn and Usability

5509706Whether you view it this way or not – your ECLearn course is a website. One of the fundamental principles of website design is usability. Are your students able to easily find what they need in your course?

Here are a couple of tips on designing (or re-designing) your ECLearn course :

• Do your students have to scroll and scroll and scroll…. through your Syllabus to find what they need? Consider creating links to Pages of less utilized content.
  • Organize your course by unit, topic, chapter, or week by using Modules. Here is a good example of a course utilizing Modules.
  • You can make your course homepage a ‘Page I’ll Design Myself’. From the homepage, create links to content pages, assignments, files, other websites, etc. Here is a good example of a course homepage.

Whether you change your course structure or use any of the tips above, your efforts will enhance the usability of your course and help students get quick, easy access to the materials and activities in your course.

Have other questions? Check out our upcoming ATIG Workshops.

This entry was posted in EC Learn, Teaching Tips and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

3 Responses to Teaching Tips: ECLearn and Usability

1. Samar says:

I have never thought about this topic that way! But I totally agree with you. Keep up the good work.

2. Projekt Lato says:

This sounds amazing! I’m glad that I’ve found this website.